Beneficial features of Lavender.
Lavender. The name of this plant is derived from the Latin verb “lava”, which means “wash”, since in ancient Rome it was used for washing and cleaning instead of soap and added to the baths for flavor and freshness. The homeland of this evergreen shrub is considered the Mediterranean, but now it can be seen almost everywhere, especially on light soils in sunny places.
Lavender is used both as a medicinal and as an ornamental plant. The flowers of this plant have a strong characteristic spicy-bitter flavor. Due to the bright toning effect, lavender is rightly considered “plant number 1” in aromatherapy.
This plant loves light and warmth, but at the same time it is a frost-resistant plant, adults can withstand frosts up to -30 degrees C. The most valuable, because of what is appreciated, is the lavender oil. The main component of lavender oil is linalool, as well as coumarins, phytosterols, flavonoids, triterpene compounds – ursolic acid, tannins. In the oil of lavender, geraniol and borneol are also found. But this is not the whole list of nutrients, scientists recently discovered in lavender essential oil twenty-three new components not previously studied.
In ancient times, various tribes and peoples believed in the magical properties of lavender. It was believed that this plant is the key to longevity, happiness and material well-being. Therefore, people sought to store lavender in the house. These beliefs also had a profound practical meaning. Fragrant grass excellent repels insects and protects against harmful rodents.
- An analgesic effect on migraines and headaches caused by spasms of the brain vessels;
- Strengthens the body’s resistance, helps with fatigue;
- Normalizes the work of the female hormonal sphere;
- Promotes the normalization of the liver and gallbladder, acts as a cholagogue;
- Stimulates the infusion of blood flow to the heart muscle, normalizes the heart rhythm with; arrhythmias and tachycardias, regulates blood pressure. Using lavender, you can reduce the negative effects of stroke and atherosclerosis;
- Possesses anti-inflammatory and therefore, is used to treat purulent wounds;
- Lavender essential oil affects the emotional sphere: pacifies anger, gives calmness and clarity, raises concentration of attention, frees you from despondency and protects from stress;
- It is an effective remedy against insomnia, tearfulness and hysterical reactions, which is why lavender is added to makeup for babies.
Use in cosmetics
Essential oil is used in cosmetology for the preparation of skin care products of any type, since lavender has a pronounced rejuvenating effect, and also cleans, removes irritation and peeling, nourishes and moisturizes the skin, improving microcirculation in the upper globule of the skin.
Lavender oil helps to quickly remove the inflammatory rash on the skin, for this, it is added to the bath salt. For example, a warm bath with sea salt and lavender essential oil TM “Желана” will help restore the emotional state and benefit the skin. Aromatic bath relieves fatigue, stress, increases efficiency and improves mood. Essential oil of lavender helps with insomnia, depression, headache. In addition, lavender oil is an indispensable assistant for caring for problem skin, and in the treatment of wounds.
The recipe for the preparation of baths: dissolve sea salt in warm water (+37 ºС) at the rate of one pack (500 g) per bath. Take a bath for 15 minutes. Rinse off with running water. Do not use soap. After a salt bath, lie down for 20 minutes. A course of 8-10 baths is recommended for 14-20 days.
In a mixture with other base oils, lavender oil is an excellent tool that restores the texture of dry skin and stimulates the growth of new cells. It is often included in medical creams to care for dry skin of the feet, as it promotes healing of cracks, effectively moisturizes and softens the skin. This oil not only cleans the skin of dead particles, it releases the skin from toxins and toxins.
As part of hair care products, lavender oil, helps to get rid of dandruff and cleanse the scalp (has a pronounced antiseptic effect).
Successfully applied in special therapeutic agents against baldness. Masks and balms for hair with lavender are beneficial for hair, making them obedient and silky, preventing their fragility and loss.